Pages

Apr 17, 2011

If names are not correct…


If names are not correct, language will not be in accordance with the truth of things.
-- Confucius

The "Thought…," has a new name! I am now "Thinking – Out Loud…"

See, it has bothered me that I don't write a "Thought…," everyday. I mean, I think daily. A few years ago, I used to be able to think then write then go to bed and get up in the morning, go to work then come home, think some more then write. Every day. Or, at least, every other day. I'm not even sure how I did it then with a kid, a full-time job, and a bunch of other responsibilities, but I did it. All I can chalk it up to now is age because I certainly haven't stopped thinking.

As a matter of fact, I think so much, I'm surprised my head hasn't blown open from the pressure! I'm often deep in thought, caught somewhere in my head rolling stuff around until I've considered every point, side, angle, position, perspective, and part. I'm guilty of over-thinking a thing because I've stayed in my head. I'm guilty of coming to faulty/salty/jumbled conclusions because I've relied on the answers concocted in my head. At bedtime, I often have a slight headache from carrying so many thoughts around in my head!

So, to relieve some of that pressure, I began some years ago writing the "Thought…," or "Thought for the Day," hoping to get on paper all the stuff in my head – whether that stuff was good, bad, or indifferent. I also hoped my thoughts in writing would impart a bit of inspiration and encouragement – whether what I wrote was good, bad, or indifferent.

But I'm not writing what I think about every day, and, in actuality, that's probably a good thing given where this brain train often goes. Really, it's good that you get spared some of this matter! But, geez, am I thinking about a lot of stuff! And it's stuff you probably think about, too!

So, enter the name change, "Thinking – Out Loud…"

I am "Thinking – Out Loud…" simply because the "Thought…," is no longer – hasn't been in a long while – a thought for the day. It gives you a glimpse into where my brain is at any given time, and most importantly, it relieves the guilt I feel for not writing every day. Plus, I don't have to wait until after midnight now to send a thought for the day to you. I can do it anytime!

So I begin (or continue?) "Thinking – Out Loud…"

No comments: